Tuesday 18 December 2012


Party Season Dresses

I’m often booked for a shopping consultation to pull an outfit together for an up coming party or event. I love nothing more than making a person sparkle and look amazing for an occasion or every day for that matter. With Party dresses in mind I popped along to two Brighton Boutiques to see what they had in stock.

I started off with Michelle who owns and runs Tramp on Trafalgar Street. She pulled out a bag of delights to show me, things she was just starting to put out in the shop. The collection she had was full of 80’s inspired vintage finds, lots of body cons, peplums, sequin dresses and an amazing harem jumpsuit. I found it so easy to pull together a whole outfit at Tramps, Michelle has everything there... earrings, belts, bags, coats and even some shoes. And I have to say at a recession busting prices!. As with all vintage shopping the fun is in the search. I found some real finds and developed a huge crush on a black dress with amazing chiffon sleeves. So unusual I’d know that I’d be the only person wearing this dress at a party and timeless too so I could go with it to many events.

I met another Michelle at Pretty Eccentric on Meeting House Lane, soon to be moving to Bond Street. Michelle has both designed and collated a fantastic collection of vintage inspired special occasion dresses. It’s a considered collection so you can match a perfect cover up to go with your dress, there’s also a huge selection of accessories, hats, bags and shoes. This shop is fantastic for all generations, they have younger labels which are perfect for proms and a huge selection perfect for older generations. Most of the collection is available in sizes 8-18. Michelle showed me the magic dress which gives you a waist, smoothes you down and gives top arm coverage! I’m so often looking for dresses like these for my clients. Also I thought the Harlow dress was fantastic as it came in two styles, so if you loved the dress you could get it in a shape that suited your figure best. I fell in love with the kimono jackets, lovely fabrics and print. I would love to have one in my wardrobe and I’d wear it with a silk vest and rock it up with my leather trousers.

So when you pop into these shops just remember Michelles know what they’re talking about!




No comments:

Post a Comment