Thursday 7 March 2013


Happy World Book Day

Today we sent Georgie off to school as Puss In Boots. I went up to her class room as I couldn't resist seeing what all the kids were wearing. I screamed with excitement (slightly embarrassing, but that's how excited I get about outfits) when I saw Miss Knowles dressed up as Cruella De Vil, she looked absolutely fantastic. 


One of my friends, Justine a drama teacher and mum of four gave me some great advise ages ago on creating quick and easy costumes. She said to focus on the key points of the character, for Puss in Boots it would be boots, whiskers, hat, belt and sword. So that was the foundation of the costume. I really enjoyed making Georgie's costume this year, we painted cat markings on her orange leggings and t-shirt, put a yellow feather in her hat, made a red neckerchief  and  a cat's tail to pop on the belt. She loved it :o))))) purrrrr.... 






No comments:

Post a Comment