Tuesday 24 September 2013

Body Shapes

As part of my styling sessions we look at body shape and explore techniques on how to flatter your shape. I use 9 different body shapes, apple, hour glass, slim, tummy, buxom bottoms, inverted triangle, busty, petit and pear. Paul drew up some beautiful illustrations to demonstrate these body shapes and I researched for ages how to flatter them. I see with my clients the results can be amazing. 

Dressing for your body shape is only an element of dressing well and one I sometimes ignore (it's boring to always follow rules). For example my new vintage winter coat is an oversized one (yes a truly fashion lead decision). It's so huge it completely covers my figure so you'd never know what was underneath. Convenient for a working from home day school run or emergency trip to the shops - a scruff underneath and externally glamourous. I love wearing it, it makes me feel sexy and luxe (much down to the rich berry colour and cashmere content). 

I've thought a lot about the names of the body shapes I use. I'm not entirely happy with them. I'm thinking people may not want to define their shape by a fruit or a tummy label. I'd love to know what you think about body shape labels? 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment