Thursday 5 December 2013

Givember


This isn’t a post about style,  it’s about being aware my actions have an impact.

The other day I was walking to an appointment and often on route I pass a homeless guy drawing pictures for money.

That day I saw him fast asleep in a sleeping bag, totally exposed to everything, whilst the world just went on around him. I thought, I need to do something..

 What shall I do? Shall I buy him a coffee?  Would he like a latte or a cappuccino?  This is ridiculous right?

I passed, I didn’t do anything, because I didn’t know what to do.  I thought, I know how to do something, it might not be much, but it’s something I can do.

In December I’ve decided every homeless person I pass I’m going to give them a pound, because that is something I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment