Sunday 21 April 2013

Can anyone draw 2


Yesterday I had my first drawing lesson from Paul, we started with a face. Paul drew an egg shape and showed me where eyes, nose and mouth should go. I was very surprised and it felt strange drawing the eyes in the middle of the egg shape. We looked at Holbein's sketches and Paul showed me the importance of an individual's significant lines, like where your lips join and your eyelid line. I realised I just needed to focus on certain lines. Paul told me that if I draw the pupils bigger people will look kinder. I loved my first drawing lesson, I liken the small details that make great paintings to the small details that make fantastic outfits. In my first lesson I learnt that drawing's like life, it's all about where you draw the line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment