Tuesday 30 April 2013

Single Parent's Rates

I was doing some filming last week and met a lovely makeup artist who'd recently split from her husband, she had two young kids. She felt a bit confused about what suited her and felt she wasted money on clothes that weren't quite right. She was interested in booking a consultation, I said I'd do her my single parent rates. It totally got me thinking that I definitely want to do discounted rates for single parents, because this is one of reasons I became a personal stylist.

I'd been a stylist in my London life before and after my daughter was born. Then I moved down to Brighton when she was seven months. Six months later it was clear the marriage was over. Divorce is never a nice thing, so at times I felt like total rubbish but I thought I don't need to show this to everyone, so I made a big effort to wear a fabulous outfit each day and as always do my hair and put lipstick on. I started to feel good, my confidence returned, I started to meet new people, life started to get really good, and I met a fabulous man. I think this all happened because I took control of who I was and how I wanted to be. My way to do this was through clothes. 

I've decided to do special rates for single parents, because I want to help empower people when times are tough and money is tight. Please contact me for details of those rates and I'd be extraordinarily happy if you'd share or retweet this, thank you :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment