Wednesday 17 April 2013

Can Anyone Draw?

There's always been an assumption that I can draw, but I really can't. Faced with a blank piece of drawing paper and a pencil, my mind freezes and I feel frustrated and blank. So I hardly ever draw. Whist at the Biba Exhibition, Georgie wanted to do a drawing and was very insistent that I draw too. 
"Come on mum, draw!"
"Yes, I'm going to, just seeing what everyone else has done" PAUSE
Captain sub text, "oh F***, blank, how do people know what to put on the paper? Help,"
Calm self reminder "You know how to put makeup on, put it on the paper"
A remembered a reminder from Paul "You don't have to draw every line"

A basic drawing ability would help me with styling as another form of visual communication, so I've decided to take my basic one dimensional drawing and expand it, I'm not sure how but I have an idea.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment